Understanding the Difference between Financial Wellness and Financial Security By Elizabeth Naumovski, CM
Life is full of incredible experiences, successes and failures. Even with strong support systems, women can deal and overthink these experiences. Overthinking can create a noise that can become confusing and debilitating as women navigate the working world. How can women climb the ladder while dealing with that noise? Mentorship can help.
LIVING FRUGALLY FASHIONABLE!
1. Stop impulse buying. Don’t live in denial.
2. Save $5 per day. After 21 days, it will become a habit and it will be easy to save for your retirement or emergency fund.
3. If you can’t pay off your credit card, more often and pay much more than the minimum. NEVER just pay the minimum.
4. Don’t get sucked into FOMO or YOLO. Live a disciplined and frugal life.
5. Cash is king, if you can’t afford it, don’t buy it! Pay yourself first, buy on sale and save!
Everything that I have said here is not just about personal finance and it can easily be applied to your business, as an entrepreneur as well.
Just remember, when you take on debt, you no longer own yourself or your company, the bank or credit cards will own you....
As young girls we were always told to go to school, get good marks in school and find a good paying job when we graduate. We were never told what to do with the money that we earned and how to save and invest it. Ladies, it is never too late to learn about your finances. Learn now. This resonates with me as well because it describes my journey. I have had to learn so much “on the job” as it were, and looking back, I wish I could have watched my shows when I was starting my professional career.